XPression DataLinq server supports the use of ADODB Datasources. This is used primarily with Excel sheets.
To add a ADODB source:
- Select Add New...
- Select ADODB DataLinq Source
- Select Select Template...
- From the drop-down selection, choose the Template that you would like to use. (See the table below for common templates used.)
- Select Ok to insert the template into the Connection String field.
- Set the Data Source value to the respective data source for the desired template.
- Select Test Connection.
Example of template:
Extended Properties="Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;IMEX=1";
For additional setup questions, please refer to the XPression User Guide.
|Name||Template||Common Used File Extensions||Misc|
MS 2010 DB engine 32bit required:
|Excel (Mixed Num)||
|XLS||No additional Downloads required|
DRIVER=SQLite3 ODBC Driver;
Requires SQLITE ODBC driver/provider
Troubleshooting ADODB Sources
Q: Testing my connection fails. Why?
A: First verify that the "Data Source" is the correct value. This could either be a file path, URL/IP, DSN, etc. If the Data Source value is correct, verify if the ADODB provider is installed. This can be done by selecting "Installed Providers" in the template selection page.
Q: Testing connection is successful, but no data is shown. Why?
A: If you have several different applications accessing a data source, you might need to tell the hosting software to share the data and/or make sure that requesting software isn't requesting exclusive access. This can be a common issue with excel sheets when excel hasn't enabled "share the work book".