I'm getting an error when enabling a new Plugin, what can I do?
It is highly recommended to install and run plugins that were built for the exact Voyager Engine Version you have installed. However, there are some important considerations (and exceptions) to have in mind:
- Plugins that have been compiled for the same Voyager Major build number may work fine, for instance:
- A Plugin that was built for Voyager 4.0 build 185 may work on Voyager 4.0 build 186.
- A Plugin that was built for Voyager 4.1 build 201 may work on Voyager 4.1 build 203.
- A Plugin that was built for a Voyager 4.0 build will probably not work on Voyager 4.1 builds.
- Plugins that have been compiled for the same Unreal Engine version that your Voyager Engine version is based on, may work fine:
- Voyager 4.0 is based on Unreal UE 4.25.3
- Voyager 4.1 is based on Unreal UE 4.25.4 (11/10/2020)
How can I force it and see if works?
You can force a Plugin to run in your engine version by changing it's BuildID information manually.
- Close Voyager
- Get your current Voyager Engine BuildID number from the UE4Editor.modules file located in Voyager\Engine\Binaries\Win64 folder.
- Copy the BuildID value to clipboard, it should be the first line of the UE4Editor.modules file, for instance:
- Voyager Build 186: 5b3bd44d-03cc-4002-9453-5b329a8c4c24
- Edit the UE4Editor.modules file from your Plugin Binaries/Win64 folder
- Replace the BuildID value
- Save the file
- Restart Voyager
- Voyager will try to load the Plugin.
- If it fails, delete it and contact tech support.