Note: There is an Official Ross Document you can send to customers for this on the Product documentation page. This is a guide to assist in troubleshooting. Please see the Ross Video Application Note at the link below.
As of Graphite version 2.3, you can configure the PC audio Channels into multiple Computer Audio sources from a Dante Network with the Purchase of a Dante Network Card and the use of Dante Via.
You will see in the Sounds menu of your Windows Device Manager the Ross Audio Graphite interface and their channels. All these devices are accessible in the Graphite Audio Mixer.
To set these channels up with Dante Sources:
- Open the Dante Via App that will be used to configure these channels with the Dante network Card.
- In the Via application, enable all sources that you will want to interface with your Graphite (see below). Windows Media Player is Currently Dante-enabled and can be routed to Graphite.
- Enable all the Graphite Audio Interface channels.
- Note: For ease of use, enable the Audio Destinations in the order of the channels in which they will used. Start with Channels 1-2 and enable in order to 15-16. Dante lists these destinations in alpha-numerical order, so the order in which you enable these from the list will not exactly match up. It is important to keep this organized when you go to route sources into the Dante Controller, because they will appear in the order in which they are enabled. Channels do not show up in order of channel assignments (see below).
- When you have enabled the Channels, open the Dante Controller and Assign sources to destinations in the Routing tab.
- The sources will be labeled as Dante Transmitters, and the Destinations will be the Receivers (Graphite Audio Interfaces).
- Note: The Channel group for Graphite audio does not list the channels as the Dante Receivers (see above). The order in which they appear in the Dante Controller view is based on the order in which they are enabled. It is important to enable them in Channel order so the routing of sources is easier to determine on initial route as well as for troubleshooting if changes are made.
- In the Routing tab, match the source with the destination by checking the box where they intersect.
- Once you have routed the channels appropriately, you can verify them in the Audio destination page back in the Via where you enabled these.
- Windows Media Player shows in the Channel (1-2) after completing the route (see above).
- When the routes are made, in DashBoard, open the Graphite Audio Mixer.
- Go to the configuration page. Assign your configurable faders to be your PC sources.
- On the Config Page, choose the fader you want to assign to PC. Select the fader source.
- Repeat this for all the faders you would like to assign.
- When your fader sources are assigned, assign the correct channel under Audio Source.
- These can be Mono or Stereo depending on what you have assigned through your Dante network.
- When your fader assignment is finished, name your sources and ensure they are visible on the appropriate mixes.