You can control an Abekas server (Tria, Tria+, Mira, Mira+) from a remote PC.
You will need to install a copy of the Abekas software on your Remote PC. You can download this software at the link below.
Note: Please note that if you are looking to control Tria News from a remote PC you will need to install Tria or Tria+ software on your PC and not Tria News. Video Previews are generated on the Abekas server only and Remote PCs will not have Video in the software channel.
Once you have installed the software, enable IPV6 on the network port that your Remote PC is using to be connected to the Abekas Server.
There are a number of services that are used by the server that are not needed on a remote PC and should be stopped and disabled.
- Launch the Windows ® Services application. This can be found under Computer Management or as a separate application, depending on the version of Windows ® you are using.
- Set the Startup Type for the following services to Disable:
- Abekas Chassis Controller
- Abekas Comms Server
- Abekas OGP Gateway
- Abekas Quad Viewer
- Abekas SE
- Restart Windows ® for the changes to take effect.
Once the Server has restarted, you should be able to see the clip list of your Abekas servers in the Explorer application. You will now just need to configure your Channels under the Administrator when you log into Explorer (Admin Password: multiflex).
Click Configure > General Configuration and select the Channels tab.
- On the left side of the window, use the drop-down list to select the server to which you want to assign a channel transport. The number of channel transports that are available depends on the server model you have.
- On the right side of the window, use the drop-down list to select the channel transport that you want to assign to the server.
- You will need to close the Explorer app and re-open so the channels you have enabled will appear.