The article will cover how to add a new Ultriscape multiviewer to the database to allow the user to route video to the boxes or PIPs.
1. Asign the Ultriscape head.
Each Ultrix slot or blade can support up to 3 Multiviewers known as heads, each head can be output on 1 of 2 ports.
- Open Ultrix - Devices- controllers and matrices - Ultrix - Port license.
- Enable the chosen output in the drop down. *Take note of what slot and head number you are using.*
Once assigned the PIPs will need to be added to your database.
2. Configuring Database
- Open Ultrix - Database - destinations
- Scroll to the bottom of the database
- Select Edit - Insert
- Enter a Prefix for the PIPs (Commonly MV 1 PIP)
- Enter the maximum amount of boxes you will have displayed on the multiviewer at a time. (Max 100)
- Click Apply
There will now be new entries in your database for your pips that now need ports associated.
In the video column assign the pips on the assigned head chosen in step 1. These need to match otherwise there will be no video in the boxes of the Multiviewer.
The below example is for a multiviewer assigned to slot 2 output 1 or aux A.
These can now be assigned in head selection or added to a softpanel to be able to route video to.