XPression DataLinq server supports the use of ASCII Data feed. This is used primarily with ASCII feeds that are not natively supported in XPression DataLinq Server
To add a ASCII source:
- Select Add New....
- Select the ASCII DataLinq Source
- In the Settings box, select the the mode from which your source will be providing data.
- Select the settings for the respective mode selected (TCP/UDP listen port or COM settings).
- Select the start of packet(if applicable) and end of packet values.
- Set the "Fields" row to the respective data for information (Start Byte is where, in the receiving data string, the field starts. Length is how many character and/or bytes the field is.)
- Select OK to apply configuration.
Example: using the sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" with a carriage return, here is how the fields would look.