The SSD on the TD1 to TD3S is located under a cover on the bottom of the panel. To complete this procedure you must invert the control panel and remove a metal cover from the bottom.
To replace the SSD you will need the following:
- Philips Head Screwdriver
- Replacement M.2 SATA SSD from Ross Video
- Power off the control panel and disconnect the all power connections.
- Prepare a large clean surface to place the control panel on. A static mat or cardboard
may be used to protect the top of the control panel top.
- Place the control panel upside-down on the surface. The label text on the bottom of the panel should not be upside-down and the ports facing away from you.
- Remove the 17 screws from the CPU cover and put them is a safe place.
- Gently remove the cover to access the CPU.
- Carefully remove the retaining screw from the SSD. If the CPU is on an angle the
screw may fall into the panel when it is removed.
- Pivot the SSD up and pull it out of the port.
- Insert the new M.2 SATA SSD into the port and use the retaining screw to secure it into position.
- Replace the cover and re-install all 17 screws.
- Run an OS recovery to reinstall operating system and software on TouchDrive (Instructions here TD OS recovery)